• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing .nef images in Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old computer crashed so I have had to re-install Lightroom 6 on my laptop.  It is not the subscription version.  I am trying to import .nef files from my Nikon D500.  I worked fine on my old computer.  I have downloaded and installed camera raw but still nothing.  Can anyone share the steps to take to make this work.  Thank you.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum and thread renamed by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021
  1. The Camera Raw plug-in is only used by Photoshop and Bridge so updating Camera Raw has no effect on Lightroom or Lightroom Classic. Lightroom has the Camera Raw engine built into its core program code so to get new camera support in Lightroom you need to update Lightroom itself.
  2. The versions of Camera Raw, Lightroom and Lightroom Classic required to support new cameras are shown in the table at this link
    https://helpx.adobe.com/au/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html
  3. The D500 was

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The Camera Raw plug-in is only used by Photoshop and Bridge so updating Camera Raw has no effect on Lightroom or Lightroom Classic. Lightroom has the Camera Raw engine built into its core program code so to get new camera support in Lightroom you need to update Lightroom itself.
  2. The versions of Camera Raw, Lightroom and Lightroom Classic required to support new cameras are shown in the table at this link
    https://helpx.adobe.com/au/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html
  3. The D500 was first supported in Lightroom 6.5. So update to 6.7.1 6.14 [corrected for version 6] (the last ever version of Lightroom 6.x) and you'll have support for your camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply.  So if I can't find the 6.7 update and Adobe doesn't supply it any longer am I going to have go the subscription route?  I've been looking for the update but haven't found it.  I've also been using the update feature in the Lightroom and it says I'm up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, click Help > System Info.

Which version of Lightroom is shown in the first line of the box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a lot of the information listed...

Lightroom version: 6.0 [1014445]
License: Perpetual
Operating system: Windows 8.1 Business Edition
Version: 6.3 [9600]
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 2.4 GHz
Built-in memory: 16064.2 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16064.2 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1421.8 MB (8.8%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1400.2 MB
Memory cache size: 2933.2 MB
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
System DPI setting: 120 DPI (high DPI mode)
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1920x1080, 2) 1920x1080
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics

Check OpenGL support: Passed
Vendor: Intel
Version: 3.3.0 - Build 27.20.100.9030
Renderer: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
LanguageVersion: 3.30 - Build 27.20.100.9030

Installed Plugins:
1) Behance
2) Canon Tether Plugin
3) Facebook
4) Flickr
5) Leica Tether Plugin
6) Nikon Tether Plugin
7) SmugMug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you won't be able to go the subscription route with Windows 8.1. Adobe no longer supports it. You'll need Windows 10.

Or download 6.14 (six point fourteen) via the link offered in @Rob_Cullen 's post and install that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John, 

I know it said windows 8.1 but this new laptop is running Windows 10 Pro.  Something is messed up somewhere.  I'm about ready to give up and go get the online subscription.  Thank you for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to the good answer from @John Waller -

LR v6.14  (Six.Fourteen) was the last Perpetual Version.  (LR5 was 5.7.1)

Adobe no longer provides direct upgrade links to 'Perpetuals'.

You will find that the v6 at this link is in fact v6.14, and you must follow the instructions carefully.

6.14 download VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS

If the download is still available- you must save a copy of the installer file!!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is that Adobe no longer supplies the updates to Lightroom 6 on their website at all. If you don't have an update installer handy somewhere there is no official way to get an update to an older Lightroom 6 copy. You might get lucky and put the hard drive from your old computer in an enclosure and copy the program from there. Or perhaps you have a backup. Otherwise the only way is to find the updater on a third party website (there are a few places that have the updaters for download or try to convince an adobe support person to send you a link (good luck - they are trained not to do that). Really annoying thatc adobe discontinued support for Lightroom 6 completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines