Highlighted

Importing photos from Canon EOS 70D

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously I have been able to import photos from my Canon EOS 70D to Lightroom Classic. For some reason, I am no longer able to do so. The Canon is my Source in LR but when I click on Import, I get No Photos Found. The Photos program on myMacBook Pro does pop up and I am able to Import to Photos so I know the camera is communicating, but no such fortune with Lightroom Classic. I am up to date on all - Lightroom Classic and Catalina 10.15.3. I have chatted with an associate at Adobe and he walked me through importing via Image Capture, but that is not the ideal process plus I was able to import previously, not only with my Canon 70D cabled to my computer but also via a card reader. Any help would very much be appreciated.

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing photos from Canon EOS 70D

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously I have been able to import photos from my Canon EOS 70D to Lightroom Classic. For some reason, I am no longer able to do so. The Canon is my Source in LR but when I click on Import, I get No Photos Found. The Photos program on myMacBook Pro does pop up and I am able to Import to Photos so I know the camera is communicating, but no such fortune with Lightroom Classic. I am up to date on all - Lightroom Classic and Catalina 10.15.3. I have chatted with an associate at Adobe and he walked me through importing via Image Capture, but that is not the ideal process plus I was able to import previously, not only with my Canon 70D cabled to my computer but also via a card reader. Any help would very much be appreciated.

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a card reader?

IIRC Canon creates folders on the memory card in the camera. Have you selected to Include Subfolder?

Also in the Source section use the bottom Browser section to go to the camera memory card and then to the subfolders under it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new macOS upgrade, Catalina security settings have to set. Go to System Preferences> Security and Privacy and ensure make sure all the boxes selected for Lightroom Classic. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 9.20.20 AM.png

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Denis - I have been able to import successfully but now have another question.  Importing directly from my iPhone I do get two formats of pics from my iphone - jpeg and heic.  I believe the best thing to do is to import the jpeg.  Is there a way to select just the jpeg pictures through some type of command versus just checking the jpeg pics?  I am talking about 300 some odd pictures so just checking each one could be a bit tedious.  Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Import dialog box lets you sort by file type. Then you can select only the JPGs because they will be consecutive (click on the first, then shift-click on the last one)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 0