• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing photos with LR Classic

Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to the LR/Photoshop package and use LR Classic. When I now import photos from my card reader I get the message no photos found. This is because when my Canon formats a card it then puts the photos in a subdirectory.  It seems the default for LR is to leave the "include subdirectories" unchecked. Is there a way to make the deault to include subdirectories?  I could just be missing something obvious so I figure I'd ask the experts here. Coming from LR6 I could do this.  Thanks for any help.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated info:  After some testing this happens when I simply plug in my memory card to the reader and LR auto-starts.  If LR is already running and I plud in a card, the include subdirectories box is automatically checked.  Can I get the check box to stay on?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature should be sticky and will remain checked until you uncheck it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks CM, but I can't get it to stick. I click the "include subfolders" in both the center of the screen and in the panel on the left side. I've tried all sorts of combinations and can't get it to stay selected.  Not earth-shattering but an annoyance than I never had with LR6.  As I stated above what is odd is the include check mark stays on if I'm already working in LR and want to add photos. But it does not automatically stay on if I simply insert a card and LR auto-starts.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do  you use an import preset? If  not, give that a try. Anytime you  change your method of import from Copy  to Add or change any other parameter you will see (edited)  in your preset and it will remember the last settings  you had. So if  you have imported from a card and then from another source and then back to the card it will not remember what settings  you had prior to the last import. Hope that isn't too confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a bug that needs to be reported over at

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

For a work-around, you seem to have already found one in that you just need to start LR before inserting the memory card, or turn off the auto-start of LR and start it manually after the card insert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Joe.  I'll report it to the link you sent.  Its just an extra step that I'll learn to live with.  Hopefully Adobe will fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines