• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing previously exported images RAW to JPEG, Keyword data not showing in LR

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team

I am currently working faily remote, and have a issue with reimporting jpegs, here is the issue and reason for doing it.

I have a very lage amout on images to supply to a client, who has lightroom on MAC ( same as mine). He is going to pass on Jpeg images to others as requested, my job is done from there.

I have exported to Jpeg with all images with Tags , 'but no comments " these are race identitifaction details, which are searchable.

The images on export contain the info, when looked at in finder, all good.

Then make a new catalogue for the client on a seperate HD, and import all these images which they can then use LR to do the search on ID images when requested, and show in finder! Sounds great!.

But no! when imported LR does not have any keyword info to show!

I would have thought this is an obvious feature as it is in the same software? 

Can anyone help here? Anything is appreciated

Cheers Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I understand: you wish to hand over a Catalog referring to JPG exports of all the images, and you want to include all their keywords, but you want to with-hold (exclude) the current comments metadata?

If selectivity options for metadata during LR export are not giving the desired results, you might:

• create exports that include all metadata;
  • import those into a new fresh LR Catalog;
  • bulk empty the desired metadata field(s) within this Catalog
  • bulk write LR metadata including these emptied fields, back out to file

Another way might be:

• create exports that include all metadata;
  • use a tool such as ExifTool to controllably empty the desired metadata fields, within these JPGs
  • import the modified JPGs into a fresh LR Catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

G'day.

Now back i nthe world of the internet after being off grid, thanks for the assistance, I will give it a crack.

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines