Exit

importing .RAF files in lightroom 6.3

New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help a moron  please. 

I'm using lightroom 6.3 in windows 10. 

.RAF files from my fuji x30 can be imported into lightroom and manipulated there.

However .RAF files from my Fuji XT-2 are not recognised or imported. 

I can bring ony bring them into lightroom if I convert them to dng files. However, I want to import the .RAF files and can't . 

Can anyone help please. I don't understand why Fjui x30 .RAFs can be handled but .RAF files from the XT-2 can't. 

Thank you

Martin 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have three choices-

1) Update Lightroom by subscribing to the Photography Plan-20Gb with Lr-Classic v9.2.1,

2) Continue to convert your files to the raw DNG format.

3) Search for an update to v6.14  (XT-2 was supported in v6.6) https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-updates-links-windows.html#lightroom

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. 

I'll have a go at updating, though my version of lightroom appears to be 6.3 (and shoud therfore be recent enough to do the job ?? ). 
Also I don't understand why my lightroom will handle the .RAF files from my old Fuji x30 camera but not the realtively newer xt-2. 

Thanks again for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.3 is not recent enough. As stated, you need 6.14.

Each camera has its own distinct formatting within the .RAF file structure, and so Lightroom needs to be able to read the exact formatting in the .RAF file for each camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(and shoud therfore be recent enough to do the job ?? ).

To clarify-

v6.14 is Six.FOURTEEN.   The 'fourteenth' update of the v6 series. (It is not 6.1.4)

ie. it is 11 updates beyond v6.3

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again. I'll follow up on your earlier suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines