Highlighted

Importing RAW files from Nikon D780 with Lightroom 5.7.1

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was gifted the awesome Nikon D780 and just went to download the  RAW files but am receiving an error that the format is not supported by my old Lightroom 5.7.1 version.  I went to look at upgrading, but saw that Lightroom is no longer available as a one time purchase!  I have no interest in signing up for a monthly service.  I tried to update the Camera Raw plug-in but it looks like the three versions of Camera Raw available for download aren't suppoted by Lightroom 5.  I contacted Support but was told to ask here by Adobe Support.  How can I import RAW photos from the D780 in Lightroom 5.7.1?

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing RAW files from Nikon D780 with Lightroom 5.7.1

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was gifted the awesome Nikon D780 and just went to download the  RAW files but am receiving an error that the format is not supported by my old Lightroom 5.7.1 version.  I went to look at upgrading, but saw that Lightroom is no longer available as a one time purchase!  I have no interest in signing up for a monthly service.  I tried to update the Camera Raw plug-in but it looks like the three versions of Camera Raw available for download aren't suppoted by Lightroom 5.  I contacted Support but was told to ask here by Adobe Support.  How can I import RAW photos from the D780 in Lightroom 5.7.1?

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
gary_sc LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Traci,

You can download the DNG converter (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html)

and then convert all of your images to DNG. You should be albe to then then open the images.

I do the DNG convertion all the time even though I am up to date with LR.

Just a comment: IF, anything happens to your computerk and you need to replace it, it is not likely that you will be able to install your version of LR in any of today's computers. Just a word to let you know. Take care of your baby there!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines