• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Raw images into Lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently updated Lightroom, now I am not able to import raw images from compact flash memory card. I am using a Kingston reader with USB plug-in into Mac desktop computer.

Images were taken with Nikon D800 using new formatted memory card, SanDisk 64GB 120MB/s'.

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about Lightroom the Cloud base program or LR Classic the traditional version

What Exact version of LR are you using? Go to the Help menu and select System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 9.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of MacOS are you using? There was a problem in MacOS Catalina 15.2, but that was fixed in the 15.3 update.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved your post to the correct forum, LR Classic.

We need to know Exactly what happens when you open the Import dialog window. What do you See? 

Please post a screen shot of the Full, Complete, import dialog screen.

If you don't know haw to create a Screen Shot on a Mac please Google "take screen shot on OS X".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your assistance on this LR issue. I was able to resolve the problem. LR required additional information from me in order to correctly direct imported images into certain files.  Not sure why this happened but now I know for the future. 

With Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you meant "Into Certain Folders", Not files. Yes it does. You do that in the Destination section of the import dialog. And the Folder you chose your username needs to have Write permissions.

Glad you got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines