Highlighted

Importing RAW + JPG and greyed out images on import

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest updates of Lightroom Classic there is something weird going on in the import module. When I import RAW (.RAF) on my Fujifilm X100V it also import the JPGs as separate files. So I get separate files of alle files inside Lightroom. Before Lightroom imported just the RAW-files in Lightroom, and the JPGs where imported to the disk and visible in the finder folder. The preference function "Treat JPG files next to raw files as separate photos" are unchecked. 

Another thing is the "greyed out" images on import when you try to import previosusly imported images in the catalog. The images do not get greyed out on already imported images. This is not working anymore? If you try to switch between "All Photos" and "New Photos" your already imported photos should be greyed out (!) Not happening. This affects my Canon EOS R and my Fujifilm X100V.

I am on a iMac with macOS Catalina Version 10.15.6 and Lightroom 9.3.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing RAW + JPG and greyed out images on import

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest updates of Lightroom Classic there is something weird going on in the import module. When I import RAW (.RAF) on my Fujifilm X100V it also import the JPGs as separate files. So I get separate files of alle files inside Lightroom. Before Lightroom imported just the RAW-files in Lightroom, and the JPGs where imported to the disk and visible in the finder folder. The preference function "Treat JPG files next to raw files as separate photos" are unchecked. 

Another thing is the "greyed out" images on import when you try to import previosusly imported images in the catalog. The images do not get greyed out on already imported images. This is not working anymore? If you try to switch between "All Photos" and "New Photos" your already imported photos should be greyed out (!) Not happening. This affects my Canon EOS R and my Fujifilm X100V.

I am on a iMac with macOS Catalina Version 10.15.6 and Lightroom 9.3.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 20, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an option you can set in Preferences->General that controls the importing of RAW+JPG or RAW only

I am not experiencing a problem preventing importing of previously importing images. In the past there was a bug in the identification of previously imported images if you reset the image number in your camera every time you go out to shoot. Are you doing that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you not treating RAW and JPEG as separate files? That one has always bugged me, feel like it causes problems.

Mind you, I shoot my RAF as RAF to slot 1, JPEG  to slot 2, RAW + JPEG, Typically I use the JPEG for pixal peeping in camera only, and post process only the RAF.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you shooting RAW + JPEG?

Are you storing both RAW and JPEG on same card?  /edit/correction/ just the one slt that camera?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the not grayed out, how much time did you give LrC to gray them out, etc?  Should be under a couple of minutes if a large shoot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It never happens, before it did as you say, it had a delay for seconds maybe a minute. But now it can sit an hour and they do not grey out. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, shoot RAW+JPG on the same card (Jpgs only for mobile transfers). I have never imported them into Lightroom, they where never visible in the import dialog. But when I imported RAW-files, the JPGs where imported automatically into the same folder in Finder. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then go into that option and treat as seperate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0