• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to connect to Lightroom Classic in tether mode with Canon 5D MK IV on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried every solution on the help site from ADOBE but impossible to connect to lightroom in tether mode.
Always no camera connected...
I can import pictures from the camera but thether isnt working at all.
It was working before but now...gone.
Somebody know any issues with lightroom update oder OS Catalina ?

Specs:
Newest Firmware on Cam
Lightroom CC Classic
Mas OS Catalina

Thanx a lot

Ronan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Hi Ronam,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom Classic while trying to shoot tethered with your Canon camera.

Our product team is currently working on known issues with using Canon cameras to tether with Lightroom Classic on macOS Catalina. 

Please add your vote to the issue here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/problem-tethered-lightroom-catalina-canon-december-2019

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Hi all,

Several folks are reporting that the Catalina 10.15.3 update has fixed the tether issues with Canon and Lightroom Classic. 

Download the 10.15.3 update, give it a try and let us know how it goes! 

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ronam,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom Classic while trying to shoot tethered with your Canon camera.

Our product team is currently working on known issues with using Canon cameras to tether with Lightroom Classic on macOS Catalina. 

Please add your vote to the issue here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/problem-tethered-lightroom-catalina-canon-dec...

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nikunj,

can you tell me how long this is gonna take ?!!

best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj,

This issue isn't specific to macOS Cataline.  I have macOS Mojave and it's the same issue.  I was told today that it is a known issue, as you mention.  Do you know when this will be fixed?  I'm paying a monthly fee to use the adobe products and would like this to work.  Thank you.

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

We are sorry about the experience but we do not have an official timeline on how soon we can roll out an update with a fix for the issue. The team is working on it to try and resolve it as soon as possible. 

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj

I have the same problem. Canon 5D Mark 4 and new Mac Book with Catalina. Tethering not working. I tryed the same also with a new Mac Book but with the Mojave and it works. How will I informed that u find a solution? I have a shooting, and not sure if I should change because of this to Capture one. 

Thank u for your answer.

Regards Sofie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the Official (not beta) 10.15.3 has been released.  I am still on Mojave but was wondering if anyone has tried the new release and if tether with Canon has been fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Several folks are reporting that the Catalina 10.15.3 update has fixed the tether issues with Canon and Lightroom Classic. 

Download the 10.15.3 update, give it a try and let us know how it goes! 

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 10.15.3 update has not fixed my connetion problem to be able to tether. Also running lightroom classic 9.2 and using Canon 5D mk iv camera.... What else is suggeted to try???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I shoot on a Canon 5D mkiii and I noticed on the Mac Mojave 10.14.6 or the LR 9.1 update that my recognition speed slowed way down. I timed it today and it takes 1.5 mins for LR Classic to recognize my camera once tethering is turned on in LR 9.2. I went out over last weekend and bought a new MBP 16" with Catalina 10.15.3 and tried to connect to it and NOTHING! That's when I spent hours reading about these issues that were unkown to me before making the huge investment. I even bought a new Tether Tools 15' cable with the USB-C to make sure it wasn't the dongle to the ThunderBolt USB-3 causing the issue. Still nothing. I now have a brand spanking new laptop that I can't teather to and an iMac that takes too long to connect. Very embarrising when you have a subject in front of you waiting to work. Looks like it's time to look at CaptureOne.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines