In Develop Module, how to tab between number values?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm sure this question has been answered before, but despite searching high and low, I can't seem to locate a suitable answer.  

All I'm looking to do is tab between the values/numbers in the Develop Module.  Right now when I have a value selected (ie Temp) and hit tab, it tabs to the slider of the next setting (in this example, it would go to the slider for Tint).  But I'd rather just tab between each number value to help speed up my workflow.  

Is this possible?  
Please, thank you, and everything inbetween!  
Be well, 

-Rob 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , Dec 26, 2020
abowlerperson Community Beginner , Dec 26, 2020
As it turns out, my MacBook had this working correctly but my iMac didn't.  It appears as though tabbing between values in the Develop Module is not inherently possible in Lightroom.  The workaround here (I knew I did it somehow!) was to go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts, and then at the bottom of the window, deselecting the "use keyboard navigation to move focus between controls" checkbox. That worked immediately — no need to restart Lightroom. Whew.   

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo_0-1609006915813.gif

Looks like it's working for me...

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you show is definitely the desired effect.  Right now when I tab between values, this is what it does (note the blue highlight on the slider arrow, indicating the value isn't selected, but rather, the slider is).  

panel-tab.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tab key is doing Exactly what it is intended to do and what it was designed to do.

Try the Arrow keys or the +/- keys.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but the arrow keys or the +/- keys don't work to flip between the numbers, and as such, it's not working the way I'd like it to.  @Abambo's gif is the desired result.  This has to be a setting I can change somewhere, I'd imagine.  But I'm stumped on where to look or how to adjust. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it turns out, my MacBook had this working correctly but my iMac didn't.  

It appears as though tabbing between values in the Develop Module is not inherently possible in Lightroom.  

The workaround here (I knew I did it somehow!) was to go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts, and then at the bottom of the window, deselecting the "use keyboard navigation to move focus between controls" checkbox. That worked immediately — no need to restart Lightroom. 

Whew. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines