Highlighted

Inability to access to the user folder

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
I have just installed Lightroom Classic CC on my new PC (Macbook) and copied the old catalogs I had on the previous PC (Macbook) to the default folder.
Now I see the alert indicated in the attached picture (sorry for the italian language) which warns me that Lightroom cannot write to the "User" folder for the synchronization of photos on my mobile device.
Can anyone help me solve it ??
Thanks

Marco CC

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gary_sc | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Marco,

Welcome to Catalina and welcome to Permission issues. 

Take a look at this image:

https://laurashoe.com/2019/10/15/whether-and-when-lightroom-users-should-install-macos-catalina/lightroom-classic-compatibility-catalina-file-permissions/#iLightbox[postimages]/0

Now, to access this, go into your System Preferences, Select the Security & Privacy option, select the last tab, and unclick the lock on the bottom left corner using your administrative password. Then click on the Files & Folders option and check all of the options for Lightroom Classic. When you close that window it will self-lock.

Let me know if this works, thanks!!

(And your English is great!)

Topics

How to, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Inability to access to the user folder

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
I have just installed Lightroom Classic CC on my new PC (Macbook) and copied the old catalogs I had on the previous PC (Macbook) to the default folder.
Now I see the alert indicated in the attached picture (sorry for the italian language) which warns me that Lightroom cannot write to the "User" folder for the synchronization of photos on my mobile device.
Can anyone help me solve it ??
Thanks

Marco CC

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gary_sc | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Marco,

https://laurashoe.com/2019/10/15/whether-and-when-lightroom-users-should-install-macos-catalina/lightroom-classic-compatibility-catalina-file-permissions/#iLightbox[postimages]/0

Now, to access this, go into your System Preferences, Select the Security & Privacy option, select the last tab, and unclick the lock on the bottom left corner using your administrative password. Then click on the Files & Folders option and check all of the options for Lightroom Classic. When you close that window it will self-lock.

Topics

How to, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marco,

https://laurashoe.com/2019/10/15/whether-and-when-lightroom-users-should-install-macos-catalina/ligh...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

thank you very much.

Everything solved thanks to your help.

Thanks again for your valuable support.

Marco

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines