• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent image quality

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing raw files from my canon eos r5 and they are displayed very inconsistently from

one image to the next when the settings are identical in the two images. One will be perfectly smooth and in focus and the other image will be grainy as can be. The grainy images look like they were shot at Iso 20 million or something. But if I open that grainy file in another program the image is fine.

The attached images have not been edited. The image with a Picture in Picture is the same shot in Lrc and "image"

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The attached images have not been edited. The image with a Picture in Picture is the same shot in Lrc and "image"

By @

The "image" seems to be from Windows Photos, or some other image viewer.

Image viewers cannot display raw files, so they display the jpg embedded in the raw file.

Camera settings like sharpening, noise reduction etc. are applied to the jpg. These settings may also be written to the raw file, but Lightroom doesn't understand these proprietary settings, and ignores them.

So you have to edit the image in Lightroom to match the embedded jpg.

image_2021-05-12_111256.png

Note that when working with noise/noise reduction and sharpness/sharpening, you must view the image at 100%.

Any other view will be inaccurate and misleading because the image has been scaled.

At 100%, one image pixel is represented by one screen pixel, which gives you a true representation of the image.

Use 200% if you have a high resolution monitor, like 4k or higher, or 3k or higher on a laptop.

I am importing raw files from my canon eos r5 and they are displayed very inconsistently from

one image to the next when the settings are identical in the two images. One will be perfectly smooth and in focus and the other image will be grainy as can be. The grainy images look like they were shot at Iso 20 million or something. But if I open that grainy file in another program the image is fine.

By @

Please post screenshots of the entire Lightroom window with the images in Develop at 100% view.

Make sure that the History panel on the left is visible and expanded, and that the Histogram and Detail panel on the right are visible and expanded.

Do not attach the screenshots, use the Insert Photos button in the toolbar.

Insert-photos.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines