• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

incorrect positioning of geotags in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a while now, manual geotaging of photos in the map module has not been working cleanly.
When I select a photo and drag it to the desired position, Lightroom sets the tag several dozen meters away from the selected position. This is very annoying.

Is this already known or is it just me?
When I subsequently check the GPS coordinates assigned to the photo in Google Maps, they point to the incorrect position.

Can anyone help me or confirm the problem?

LR 10.1.1, Camara RAW 13.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem for many years in different versions (on Windows), but then bought a camera with GPS, so it wasn't a big issue for me anymore. When that happened, it was in a very consistent way, always the same direction and distance from the cursor, so I learned to position them more or less correctly without too much effort, but indeed, very annoying.

That said, I have noticed a few months ago that it was now ok, so I had assumed a bug had been corrected (in Lightroom 10, maybe...). I'm using LrC 10.1.1 on Windows 10.

Michael

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you on Windows?  There is a longstanding bug with dragging photos to the map:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-mapping-errors-wind... 

See the first reply in that thread for workarounds.  

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines