• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Initial Appearance of Image Looks Better than Images After Loading in to Lightroom - Can I Stop it?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I tether, or I initially import images into Lightroom - they originally look like they did when I reviewed them on my camera.  However, after a second or two (in Lightroom) - they change.  The frustrating part is that they always look better when they initially load in.  After they transform they are almost always too yellow, and the highlights are a little too hot.  

I shoot at least 3000 images a day, and it would be SO MUCH easier to start from the original image I see (as that is what I see in my camera when I shoot a light-test image).

I've done several searches, and I've seen posts explaining what is happening, but I don't care what is happening - I just want to know if there is a way to make it stop happening.  I've tried applying different presets, but nothing makes the image look like it does when it first loads in.

Thanks for your help.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of making an assumption. I will ask a key question.

Are these imports RAW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I should have mentioned that.  I always shoot in RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for linking that tutorial - I've set to 'camera settings' when I have  imported before - but there honestly isn't much of a difference between that and what Lightroom does while I'm tethering (the images look similar either way).

I've now made the change to 'camera settings' the default under 'RAW Default'...thanks again.

Hopefully that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember that the images you see on your camera are JPG's converted by the camera. If you have any in-camera preferences set, that could affect how the JPG is displayed. It is effectively in-camera post processing. This is were @Jao vdL response comes in. Those presets and colour profile will replicate the in-camera post processing, to a degree, assuming you are dealing with RAW file's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines