Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install clean system photo back up

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I want to replace my bloated Mac OS system with a clean install. I've backed up LRC catalog & made a time machine to ensure I can fetch the complete pictures folder - which I'm pretty sure contains all picture and catalog data needed for LRC - after clean install. Will this work? am I missing something. 

Thanks in advance, 

Mark 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should work. Re-installing your OS is very similar to moving Lightroom Classic to a new computer, these instructions explain step by step how to do it: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

many thanks dj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As long as you're in the process of taking your photos off of your computer, you might want to think of this:

I would add one more thought: photos take up enourmous amount of space. The less free space available on your computer, the harder it is for some applications to do what's necssary for their processes and performance. To solve this, I've moved all photos to an external drive. I've also a 2nd external drive that I regularly update from the first drive. This way, I have two copies of everything. As a extra backup, I also use a cloud service because two working drives don't mean much if the house has burned down. (Seeing all the fires in California should give you pause.)

Anyhow, because of my arrangement, I have 1 TB drive and I usually keep about 50% empty.

If you have any other questions on this, just ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines