• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install of Lightroom Classic on a New computer

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I recently went with the subscription route with Lightroom Classic. The photographers package. Very soon I am going to get a new iMac to replace my old one. With the new computer can I log into my account at the Adobe website and install Lightroom Classic from there ? I know I will have to save my current Lightroom catalog file to use in the fresh install of Lightroom Classic on my new computer. Any other items I need to be aware of ?

Regards,

John Breitigan 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Hi John

Install from Creative Cloud Desktop. My blog link has some things to consider. It also has a video demo from Adobe’s Julianne Kost.

Sometimes the previews file gets quite large and I don’t always copy it as it will include many older images which I rarely access. I’m happy for Lightroom to generate thumbnails and other previews on the fly. But it’s a personal choice.

Download Creative Cloud Desktop App

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Hello 99jon, thank you for the information. I will refer to this when I get me new iMac. 

John

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

Install from Creative Cloud Desktop. My blog link has some things to consider. It also has a video demo from Adobe’s Julianne Kost.

Sometimes the previews file gets quite large and I don’t always copy it as it will include many older images which I rarely access. I’m happy for Lightroom to generate thumbnails and other previews on the fly. But it’s a personal choice.

Download Creative Cloud Desktop App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello 99jon, thank you for the information. I will refer to this when I get me new iMac. 

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines