Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation location

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

some time ago I had an issue with Lightroom. To check/solve the problem I had contact with support and the origin of the problem was unknown. I was asked to install another version on my F-drive. The problem was solved, but since than LR (and LRC and other applications) were installed om my F-drive, despite the installation location is set to my C-drive (C:\Program Files\Adobe). I even changed my registry file manually and moved the installations to the named location on my F-drive. All worked fine, all links were correct, etc. So I thought all was solved, but the latest update of Lightroom Classic (stil prefer this...) was again installed on my F-drive, despite the preferenced setting in the update tool (picture).

Image1.png

What is going wrong here? Where / which file is directing to the old F-location? How can I change that?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Dick Vogelzang

[A suggestion also would be to indicate the installation location per programm in the Creative Cloud Destop (with option to modify). By this one can control the installation location better.]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you already did have a version of LrC installed on F, then the update would as well be on F.

You need to remove/deinstall first to have it change its location.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply.

But by doing this it means I probably have to reinstall more than PS and LR... And also all filters, plugins, etc.

So what is the usage of the setting in the Cloud tool, where it says 'installation location'...
If that is overruled by a local file, I'd like to know which file this is and will try to modify that first.

[If that doesn't help I have to reinstall my complete bundle, etc...]

Best regards, Dick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Lightroom update is a special case because it always overwrites the previous version. All other CC apps are separate and parallel installs that coexist and go in their own separate program folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I do understand what you wrote, but if the Cloud tool does not indicate where a pgm should be installed, it must be in one of the installed files (setting-file, etc). If I know where to find that I can edit it to point to the right installation path...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines