• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Lightroom 5 on a Mac without DVD-drive

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I found an old DVD with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5, which I got when I bought my camera.
Unfortunately I can't put it into my new Mac. When I tried to copy the installation files from a Windows computer to my Mac, I didn't see any .dmg or similar.
Unfortunately, I could not find a file to download on the Internet. What can I do to use the software on my Mac?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your MACOS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try copying the DVD files to a USB flash drive that has been formatted to exFAT as described at the below link:

https://colorvaleactions.com/blogs/tips/how-to-format-usb-flash-drives-to-work-with-both-mac-and-win...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quote "Hey, I found an old DVD with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5, which I got when I bought my camera.
Unfortunately I can't put it into my new Mac."

Just a couple of knowns you should be aware of. First, if your new Mac is running macOS 15 Catalina it will be impossible to install Lightroom 5 even if you were to download the installer online since it is a 32 bit and Catalina will only work with 64 Bit systems. Second does the disk have the 16 numeric serial number? Did you register the product or install it on another computer? 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines