Highlighted

installing Lightroom into another computer

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Creative cloud to reinstalling LR + Ps onto my new laptop.

Do I loose all the work I did onto my old PC?

I install using my codes creative cloud. Is there a way to transfert the work, collections, etc., I did in my old computer?

Thank you for your input!!!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gary_sc | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Louis-Martin,

No more than installing Word on a new machine would cause you to lose all of your Word documents. So you are in good shape. 

However, you will need to move your images and catalog over to the new machine. 

Here's one video for that

PreviewPreview15:52How to Migrate Lightroom to a New ComputerYouTube · Julieanne KostMar 16, 2015

TOPICS
Download and install, FAQ, How to, Import and export, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

installing Lightroom into another computer

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Creative cloud to reinstalling LR + Ps onto my new laptop.

Do I loose all the work I did onto my old PC?

I install using my codes creative cloud. Is there a way to transfert the work, collections, etc., I did in my old computer?

Thank you for your input!!!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gary_sc | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Louis-Martin,

No more than installing Word on a new machine would cause you to lose all of your Word documents. So you are in good shape. 

PreviewPreview15:52How to Migrate Lightroom to a New ComputerYouTube · Julieanne KostMar 16, 2015

TOPICS
Download and install, FAQ, How to, Import and export, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Louis-Martin,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!

Now I am back from vacation and I have time to work on it.I have LR4 and more fioes than she says. I'll let you know

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Louis-Martin, one quick thing: I noticed that you said you had LR-4. I also see that you installed LR & PS on your new computer: Was that LR or LR-Classic you installed as there are multiple different versions of LR.

If you're not sure, please read this before you get too busy:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Also note that if you sign up for her email you can download a free ebook that will do you well since this new LR-Classic has many features that will be new to you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR4-classic

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to also move the folder(s) containing your images and also the catalogs. ( and your presets, profiles.....)

Then, you can re-open the catalogs and locate HDD where you images are stored to re-build the catalog.

Tedious but doable. You have to keep your old PC alive until you have transferred everything.

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
Sent from my iPad Pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 1