• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intel

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to upgrade my Windows 10 PC. Lightroom is running so so slow.
Should I go for a Ryzen 9 3900x 12 core 24 thread CPU or an Intel i9 10850K 10 core 20 thread CPU?
Which will be best to improve the performance of Lightroom? At the moment it takes about 6 seconds from selecting a photo before I can work on it.
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Different problems require different solutions. Some problems can indeed be fixed by getting the fastest CPU you can. Other problems can't be fixed by a faster CPU, because its not the CPU causing the slowness.

When you say "At the moment it takes about 6 seconds from selecting a photo before I can work on it", explain this in a lot more detail. What module are you in when you try to select it? What "work" do you want to do on it? What exactly is slow? Is this a brand new photo that has just come out of the camera, or one that has had previous work done on it?

And also tell us your current hardware and related info: CPU, GPU, disks, RAM, monitor size (in pixels), image size (in pixels or megapixels)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines