Internal error - how do I resolve

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to move a photo to my target collection. I get the error message . An internal error has occurred: ?:0:attempt to compare 2 nil values. How should I fix this? I have tried to optimismg the catalogue and doing a back up.

The task I tried before this error occurred was to import two photo into photoshop so that I could see them on one page, not sure if this is when the problem occurred as it is not something that I have tried to do before.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "Import 2 photos into Photoshop" do you mean "Edit In" then select "Open as layers in Photoshop"?

That should not have any affect on placing image file names is a Target Collection. There is a bug in LrC V10 when using the b key to add images to the collection marked as the target collection. Whetehr that is the Quick Collection or some other one that you have marked as the Target Collection.

Try Selecting the images and Click + Drag to the collection you want them in.

This is a Known Bug and is being worked on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the drag and drop and get the same error message. I normally right click and choose add to target collection. I never use the B key.

I have have not backed up my pictures to an external hard drive since the 31.8.2020, can I do that now or should I wait until this bug is fixed?

Yes I did mean edit in and the open as layers in photo shop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the images be shown as Missing, an Exclamation Mark on them?

Restart everything and test.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

I have have not backed up my pictures to an external hard drive since the 31.8.2020, can I do that now or should I wait until this bug is fixed?

End Quote:

Yes Do that NOW.

Please note that backing up the Catalog file is Not backing up your images. Sorry if you already know this but some people think there images are actually IN the LrC Catalog file. They are not.

So backup all your images ASAP.

There has been a few other reposrts of this happening and Adobe has acknowledged it is a Bug that affect some users. You seem to be one of those users.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines