• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

interval mask for brush tool is not active in LR

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my Lightroom Classic I have a problem with on of the option for the brush tool. Interval Mask is not activated as it is black and I cannot click in there and to change the option to select and let my  my mask work better. I did the update today, but nothing has changed. Can you help me, please? The problem is because, I think, I do not have the dropper, maybe is this? 

My Lightroom is in Italian and I attach the photo for the problem here below. Hope someone can help. 

Thanks a lot 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Old files (photos) would have used old process version. Importing again was incorrect solution, solution would be in develop module, lower right, calibration, change process version to v5

When you use an older process version, sliders, etc, revert to how they behaved back when Lightroom came out at the date of that process version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is called the 'Range Mask'. It is a way to fine tune a mask (the mask is what you brushed), so you have to apply the brush before it becomes active. Brush something and then take a look again.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan, 

thank you very much but it is what I have done, but nothing change. The dropper do not shows up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Joahn,

I have closed and open LR again and now it works. Thank you a lot 😄

You have been so much helpful 😄

Thank sooo much

Wanda 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your process vresion is version 5 (current)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all I found the problem. I was developping old photos (2011) and the updated LR did not work with this (I do not know why). Anyway I export the files and I reopen them again and after the Range Mask and the dropper where working properly. Thanks a lot for your support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Old files (photos) would have used old process version. Importing again was incorrect solution, solution would be in develop module, lower right, calibration, change process version to v5

When you use an older process version, sliders, etc, revert to how they behaved back when Lightroom came out at the date of that process version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines