• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invoke the Dehaze effect in LR6

Guide ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see there are many people complaining about the Dehaze functionality not being included in Lightroom 6.1, well it is there but the sliders just don't show. In fact if you have access to CS6/CS5 using Levels and Auto does a better job as does doing Auto Exposure and cranking up the Contrast and reducing exposure from the Auto Level.

To enable the Dehaze effect you need to add the following lines to a Develop Preset:

EnableEffects = true,
Dehaze = from -100 to 100,

You are best to create your own because LR will also create a Unique ID for the preset.

Just a word of warning though Dehaze seems to introduce a color cast with hazy skies, but it is great with a negative value to create a foggy scene.

For example here is some template code you can copy and in this case I called the file Foggy.lrtemplate :

s = {

id = "BFAE70A6-F104-49CB-BB3A-7E7E630389CD",

internalName = "Foggy",

title = "Foggy",

type = "Develop",

value = {

settings = {

Dehaze = -100,

EnableEffects = true,

ProcessVersion = "6.7",

},

uuid = "60868222-B072-45AD-8205-1F0A50081EA5",

},

version = 0,

}

You can use Notepad to create and save as Foggy.lrtemplate to the develop presets directory. In Windows at: "C:\Users\ your user name \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets\User Presets"

Create as many presets at different intervals as you see fit.

Enjoy, personally I think this functionality, with no disrespect to some of the amazing engineers that work on the Lightroom project, is as gimmicky and amateurish as the HDR Merge function.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BKKDon wrote:

Enjoy, personally I think this functionality, with no disrespect to some of the amazing engineers that work on the Lightroom project, is as gimmicky and amateurish as the HDR Merge function.

Might be true if you overuse it Don, but it's fantastic at making images pop - used carefully, and on the right images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith_Reeder wrote:

BKKDon wrote:

Might be true if you overuse it Don, but it's fantastic at making images pop - used carefully, and on the right images.

Personally, and only a personal opinion, I would have been more impressed with a implementation of Levels functionality which can do the same and a lot more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  called the presets Dehaze  and Haze.

And they work fine.

I made presets with steps of 10.

Thanks BKKDon

dehaze.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now this plugin is even better.

Lightroom 6 Dehaze | Cut through the fog

It provides a slider !

dehaze2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it. Works a treat. Even better than the presets. Thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for putting that link in, a great addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!   @ c.frans w  I installed the plug-in on my Mac and it works great.  I can certainly see that a little on the slider goes a long way.  Thanks to everyone for replying and offering help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Dehaze effect works great (LTR6.1 Standalone) !

Thanks c.frans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BKKDon, Yes, the new dehaze can be gimmicky, But have you tried recreating the same effect using the standard LR tools? I know a lot of people that have tried, myself included, and you just can't do it without getting into some major local adjustments. The filter was not designed to be used as a all in one fix, but to be used with the other tools. Many of us are trying to get Adobe to add a color slider to limit the color shift that happens with the filter at high levels. A work around is to edit the image in PS and have two versions: one for color and one for luminosity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I suspected, Lightroom 6 is CC except they just hold back the functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

woodyhawkeye wrote:

As I suspected, Lightroom 6 is CC except they just hold back the functionality.

No, they give you exactly as much functionality as you've paid for.

Want more? Put your hand in your pocket and stop trying to use cheap-in-all-senses-of-the-word (and in all likelihood licence-breaching) work-arounds, which I sincerely hope that Adobe will come down like a ton of bricks on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the workarounds are licence-breaching.  The ACR version is the same for  both.

So the Dehaze function is intentionnaly present in 6.1.

Because some professionnals use the 2 versions  (CC and 6.1 together).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just a user plugin (as there are many), no license necessary. Works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lexxie71 wrote:

This is just a user plugin (as there are many), no license necessary. Works great.

You an expert in licencing law, Lexxie? It's a confident claim that no licence is necessary, and I bet that Adobe would beg to differ.

Or DeHaze would be in Lr 6 by default, wouldn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has nothing to do whether it is in LR6 or not. It IS not.

How about all "user" plugins that are available. This one is not a copy of something in LR6, it is a plugin programmed by a user and made available by him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a plug-in - it's a hack!

Read this - from Adobe's Terms Of Use‌‌ - with my emphasis:

User Conduct

5.2 Misuse. You must not misuse the Services, Software, or content that we provide to you as part of the Services. For example, you must not:

(a) copy, modify, host, stream, sublicense, or resell the Services, Software, or content;

(b) enable or allow others to use the Service, Software, or content using your account information;

(c) use the content or Software included in the Services to construct any kind of database;

(d) access or attempt to access the Services by any means other than the interface we provided or authorized;

(e) circumvent any access or use restrictions put into place to prevent certain uses of the Services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith_Reeder wrote:

It's not a plug-in - it's a hack!

Read this - from Adobe's Terms Of Use - with my emphasis:

User Conduct

5.2 Misuse. You must not misuse the Services, Software, or content that we provide to you as part of the Services. For example, you must not:

(a) copy, modify, host, stream, sublicense, or resell the Services, Software, or content;

(b) enable or allow others to use the Service, Software, or content using your account information;

(c) use the content or Software included in the Services to construct any kind of database;

(d) access or attempt to access the Services by any means other than the interface we provided or authorized;

(e) circumvent any access or use restrictions put into place to prevent certain uses of the Services

Hi Keith,

This is all off topic now and a pointless conversation by non-employees about legal requirements and you are quoting the CC Services and Software legal terms of use and it expressly says:

"These terms govern your use of our website or services such as the Creative Cloud (collectively, “Services”) and software that we include as part of the Services, including any applications, Content Files (defined below), scripts, instruction sets, and any related documentation (collectively “Software”). By using the Services or Software, you agree to these terms. If you have entered into another agreement with us concerning specific Services or Software, then the terms of that agreement controls where it conflicts with these terms. As discussed more in Section 3 below, you retain all rights and ownership you have in your content that you make available through the Services."

Lightroom 6 is covered by a End User License Agreement.

Personally it would be better for a moderator to close this thread as its purpose has been served and all this pointless arguing about legal terms is no productive.

Personally I thought the forum was here to support and help end users of the product not beat them up. My basic rule for adding to a thread is "If you can't help ... don't say anything and don't abuse participants"

If you can't understand that users of Lightroom may feel aggrieved by Adobe's lack of support then don't inflame the situation by making quotes like " So pay for it!  " ... as users of the LR 6 version have paid for it.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD ... any moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith_Reeder wrote:

User Conduct

Except the software isn't being modified... The plugin that can be downloaded is just that, a plugin, developed using the LR SDK!. If you stand by your statement then what you are saying in your statement is that any other plugins are therefore against the Adobe EULA too...

Keith_Reeder wrote:

That's services, not software, by Adobe's own definition:

"These terms govern your use of our website or services such as the Creative Cloud (collectively, “Services”)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this makes anyone feel better, an Adobe representative actually sent me to this forum because I was complaining about the lack of dehaze filter.  So obviously this is not against the terms of use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c.frans w wrote:

I don't think the workarounds are licence-breaching.

Both Capture One and AfterShot Pro use this approach - same core software, different functions available depending on licencing - and I can say with absolute confidence that both Phase One and Corel would class this as a breach of licence.

And of course it is. It's a flagrant attempt to access functionality that the stand-alone licence does not otherwise grant access to.

It's no different in principle to downloading and using cracked software: in both cases, users are trying to get access to something that they're too cheap to pay for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Dehaze function is in 6.1.

Only the slider is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you get iff the cheap theme. Some ppl just love to criticize others. Cost is not the issue here. Think a little more positive man. It will do you hood abd others too. 

Happy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this method and ran the preset in the develop module. Nothing seemed to happen. I do not see the dehaze slider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines