• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone images to Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use Lightroom to control all of my images.  I've imported all of my iPhoto images into a catalog within LR and I wish to eliminate the iPhoto import process by directly importing photos from my iPhone 8 into LR.  Is there a process that I can use to do so?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

If you want to store your images outside of the Photos app (formerly iPhoto) you'll have to turn off the iCloud setting on your phone r oiPad. Then in Lightroom go into settings > Import > Photos/Videos from Camera Roll.

Check the amount of storage you have in Creative Cloud.

You also have the option to manually copy or save the files to a drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to store your images outside of the Photos app (formerly iPhoto) you'll have to turn off the iCloud setting on your phone r oiPad. Then in Lightroom go into settings > Import > Photos/Videos from Camera Roll.

Check the amount of storage you have in Creative Cloud.

You also have the option to manually copy or save the files to a drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where will those photos (that are imported from the iPhone camera roll into Lightroom Mobile) be stored?
ie when I get home to my desktop computer and sit down to Lighroom Classic, how do I find them there and where will it end up placing them on the desktop computer?   Or will they just be in Lightroom CC and not be viewable in Classic?

Currently I have Dropbox setup to automatically import photos from my iPhone camera roll and then I have Lightroom Classic watching the folder in Dropbox but it sounds like this may do something similar or better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can choose the initial folder :

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 15.22.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you make that any more complicated stop with the acronyms we all are not an expert like you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MikeHeb  wrote

I would like to use Lightroom to control all of my images.  I've imported all of my iPhoto images into a catalog within LR and I wish to eliminate the iPhoto import process by directly importing photos from my iPhone 8 into LR.  Is there a process that I can use to do so?

Then install the Lightroom CC app on your iPhone and set it to automatically import new photos. Also use the app itself to take photos.

When your catalogue syncs, those files will automatically appear. In Preferences, you can tell LR where to store them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines