• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IPHONE to Lightroom Classic Import on Sierra: No Photos Found Error

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue:  When I connect the phone to lightroom classic to import via USB, I can select the iphone, but lightroom says 'no photos found'.

I have an iphone 11 Pro and I'm running MacOS Sierra (10.13.6).  I am trying to import photos from my phone to my catalogue in Lightroom Classic.  This has never been an issue before although I haven't attempted it in several months.  I think that I haven't tried it since subscribing to the Creative Cloud but I'm not sure. Prior to this I was using Lightroom 6.

Well I have spent several hours reading posts trying to find a fix to no avail.  Time to ask the experts here.

I want to be able to transfer through USB.  I have too many photos and videos to do this easily through the cloud.  Too slow.  I don't think I would have enough storage to do that either.

Yes my phone is unlocked.

Lightroom Classic does not show up as something to check here on my phone:

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 3.47.58 PM.png 

I have updated creative cloud.

I have tried restarting phone and computer.

I tried installing the lightroom app on my phone and imported a few images there.  That didn't help. 

"Include Subfolders" is checked in lightroom classic for import but is greyed out.

I downloaded the creative cloud app in my phone to see if there is a solution there but I didn't find anything.

Would love to find a simple step by step fix (hoping it's not too technical) so that I can go back to my usual workflow. I really hope I don't need a new computer that will run Mojave.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

Jan

Note: I am using an older macbook pro. An accounting program that I use will not work on IOS later than Sierra which is why I haven't upgraded.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Lightroom settings on your phone. From there select Import and tick on Photos (and anything else you want). In Lightroom Classic Preferences under Sync make sure you are logged in and have designated a location for your mobile images. If you do not select a location the images from your phone will end up by default in your Pictures folder. If you are running on an old OS you may not want to load up your computer with all of your phone photos so it's good to know where they be stored and to choose that location yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  Thanks for responding.  Sorry I missed this until now.  Couldn't find this original post of mine and posted my question again.  trying to figure how to delete the newer post now.  Sorry for confusion.

I have followed our instructions and was able to choose one destination.  My workflow is to import photos to two external drives.  Is it possible to have two locations?

So the photos on my camera roll are syncing with the lightroom app on my phone but are not showing up on my computer in lightroom classic.  Will this happen after the syncing on my phone or did I miss a step.

(I have the destination drive plugged in to my computer).  Also, cause my new iphone had so much storage, I haven't done imported to Lightroom classic for a while and there are thousands of Photos and videos.  Will this be an issue?adding the photos by thunderbolt was always so quick.  Some of them are duplicates so a further question is, will syncing to my lightroom classic catalogue automatically avoid importing duplicates

Update: My icloud storage has quickly filled up (20 GB) and so I had to abort the syncing process although I'm supposed to have 2 TB within my creative cloud subscription.  Haven't figured out how to access that.  Also I see that almost 3000 photos/videos are showing up on my lightroom mobile app at this point although I stopped the syncing.

I greatly appreciate your help and I'm assuming that you do not think there is a fix that would allow me to import while physically connecting my computer to my phone as I always did before.  That would be my preference.

Cheers

Jan

I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

further update: I guess I was wrong about the 2TB cloud storage for my creative cloud subscription.  Looks like it is only 20 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry three replies in now to you.  

The more I play with this whole syncing thing the more I wish I could just control imports as I used to using a cable.  I don't always have my external drives attached so they won't always be able to sync.  If, and this is a big if, if I bought a new computer that could have the latest iOS would the issue be resolved.? Is the problem that I am using Sierra?  IF I went back to using Lightroom 6 and cancelled my creative cloud subscription would I once again be able to import images using a cable from phone to computer.  Gotta love problem solving!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines