• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone to LrC 10.3: No photos found

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a fairly light LrC user and it has been a couple of months since I've used it. I have an M1 Mac Mini (Big Sur, 11.4) and an iphone 12 Pro Max (iOS 14.6). Yesterday I wanted to transfer over some photos from the phone to LrC and was happy to see that 10.3 included native support for the M1. The joy was short lived. At first I got the "no photos found" message, but after a phone and computer restart some of the photos were recognized, but many just had a gray box; and I couldn't import any of them. Today I'm just getting the "no photos found" message.

In the computer's system preferences LrC does have access to remote folders and it is seeing my phone. I also had no problems copying over pictures from an SD card from my Nikon dSLR. I've looked at a couple of similar threads and have tried resetting preferences and I think all preference boxes that need to be checked are checked. LrC, computer and phone have all been restarted. Was thinking about uninstalling/reinstalling but from what I read that usually doesn't do much.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

On the thread that was linked in the thread that WobertC suggested, someone said that a work around was to go through Image Capture. Turns out Image Capture couldn't get to the photos either. Apparently this is an Apple issue (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252314960). Work around that worked is to restart the computer while leaving the iPhone plugged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to Import the iPhone photos to Lightroom-Classic.

If your phone has added photos to the Lightroom-mobile App (from Camera Roll or the Lr camera), then you only need to turn on 'SYNC' in Lightroom-Classic  and all the iPhone photos will automatically download from the Cloud down into the Lr-Classic catalog and be saved on a local hard-drive folder as specified*.

A link to instructions:

SYNC SETUP IN CLASSIC

* Do THIS FIRST!

See the instructions in 'Set Lightroom Sync Preferences' to set the FOLDER DESTINATION for the files to download.

Then-

See instructions in 'Set up Lightroom Classic for Sync' - 3 steps.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I may end up trying that, but I would really like to be able to do it "the old way". If LR can work fine with SD cards, and it can see the phone, I have to think that it should still be able to pull photos off the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you will find some help in this thread-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/solved-iphone-to-lightroom-classic-import-on-catali...

and this-

2021-07-08 09_00_56-Known issues and workaround — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the thread that was linked in the thread that WobertC suggested, someone said that a work around was to go through Image Capture. Turns out Image Capture couldn't get to the photos either. Apparently this is an Apple issue (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252314960). Work around that worked is to restart the computer while leaving the iPhone plugged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines