• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is a live preview possible for Lightroom tethered capture?

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to know if it's possible to have a live preview when doing tethered capture in Lightroom 4.3.  This seems to be a basic function.  Why look at the computer screen and use Lightroom to capture the photo but still use the camera's viewfinder.  You are forced to go back and forth from the camera's viewfinder to the computer screen. 

Is there any way to do this in Lightroom? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the camera maker's software and Lightroom's watched folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be a camera limitation. I just tested with a D800, and the camera's live view function is disabled as long as the USB cable is connected. It doesn't matter whether Lightroom is open or not.

Live view is supposed to work with HDMI (at least for video), but I have nothing that will accept a HDMI input on my computer, so I can't try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing with my D800e, and live view does not work with Lightroom CC, but it does work with another (freeware) program. However, with that one, the shutter stays open progressively longer, no matter that it's set on 1/6 sec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I *think* the OP means have the live view appear on the computer screen, not the back of the camera. I, too, would REALLY like to have this option. Yes, one can do the 3rd party/watched folder set up, but it sure would be nicer to just operate with one software bit, not two!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 01, 2014 Sep 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same question but from my testing and info search, it does not look like its an option. 2nd, to reply twenty_one's statement, the cameras live view can indeed be enabled while connected through USB. Take a look at this other program I have been working with called Shutter Stream

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines