• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is 'Done' missing when working with tools in Lr6?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

My apologies if this topic has already been raised as this is my first post.

I recently signed on to Lr6 through Adobe's CC however when I finish working with one of the tools in Lr6 there is no 'Done' icon (in the bottom right of the screen) to click on to complete the task.

Is this normal with Lr6??

Or have I been sold a pup?

Any help to clarify this anomaly would be appreciated!?

Thanks in advance

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the "T" key for tool bar. It sounds like the tool bar is not showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Champion! Yes! Thank you Geoff the kiwi. My bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Done button, the edits are automatically applied and saved to the catalog without any action on your part.

The Camera Raw plugin for Photoshop does have a Done button, but there is no need for it in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per Berntsen wrote:

There is no Done button, the edits are automatically applied and saved to the catalog without any action on your part.

The Camera Raw plugin for Photoshop does have a Done button, but there is no need for it in Lightroom.

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 3.21.12 PM.png

Check near the bottom right...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geoff, you're right, I see it's there when using a local adjustment.

Never noticed it before, I always press the shortcut for the tool when I'm done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternately, clicking on the icon for an open tool will close it. Or opening a second tool will close the first. Lots of redundancy in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also a double-press of the [Enter/Return] key will "Done"  (Crop only requires one [Enter] )

Personally I like the keyboard shortcuts-  'K' for Brush, 'K' again to exit the brush, 'K' again for another 'new' brush, etc,etc. I hover the left-hand over the 'K' key and Brush with the mouse (or wacom)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines