• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to manually apply a lens correction that isn't default in lightroom?

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was shooting with a DJI Inspire 1 and a Lumix 25mm F/1.7 which is not an officially approved lens for the drone. Therefore, the lens isn't recognized when I import it into Lightroom so that the lens profile doesn't show up. There is some noticeable distortion that I would like to get rid of and I am not that great at doing it manually but it isn't the end of the world. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom will only match lens profiles and cameras that are supposed to be matched. In other words, it won't match, for instance, Canon lenses with Nikon cameras and vice versa. So I don't believe it will match your lens/camera combination the way you are wanting it to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you. I just didn't know if there was manual input for lenses or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can manually select a lens in the interface in the lens corrections section. The lenses can be any including ones that there is no way to even put them on your camera but I do not see any Lumix lenses in the list so this would probably not help you. Adobe used to make an app available (lens profile creator) to create lens profiles for your specific camera/lens combo with simple calibration charts you can print yourself but the app stopped working some time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, technically it is a Panasonic Lumix and I checked the drop-down menu as well and didn't see it. I ended up going into Photoshop and doing a manual +3 on the lens distortion filter and looks good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines