Highlighted

Is it possible to open a catalog an extenal hdd on ipad pro 2020?

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering a purchase of the ipad pro 2020 with the intention of replacing my macbook pro on my travels. I save my catalogs and photos on an external hard drive. Since I usually move a lot of GB so I can't use the cloud.

Is Lightroom for ipad ready to open a catalog from an external hard drive?
Will I be able to import the photos from an SD to the external hard drive (just like I do on the pc)?

regards,

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by DdeGannes | Adobe Community Professional

You cannot install Lightroom Classic on you iPad, the iPad and other mobile devices use the Lightroom Mobile app the equivalent of a Catalog is located in The Adobe Creative Cloud storage on line. You need a Computer to install Lightroom Classic.

You can sync Lightroom Classic, selected Collections you have created, to send Smart Previews to the Cloud storage and they will be available on your iPad and other mobile devices.

Topics

Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is it possible to open a catalog an extenal hdd on ipad pro 2020?

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering a purchase of the ipad pro 2020 with the intention of replacing my macbook pro on my travels. I save my catalogs and photos on an external hard drive. Since I usually move a lot of GB so I can't use the cloud.

Is Lightroom for ipad ready to open a catalog from an external hard drive?
Will I be able to import the photos from an SD to the external hard drive (just like I do on the pc)?

regards,

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by DdeGannes | Adobe Community Professional

You cannot install Lightroom Classic on you iPad, the iPad and other mobile devices use the Lightroom Mobile app the equivalent of a Catalog is located in The Adobe Creative Cloud storage on line. You need a Computer to install Lightroom Classic.

You can sync Lightroom Classic, selected Collections you have created, to send Smart Previews to the Cloud storage and they will be available on your iPad and other mobile devices.

Topics

Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.2, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines