• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is possible adding watermarks in raw/original photo?

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody.  Is there any trick to add watermarks on raw photos?  I can add watermarks by exporting raw photo and converting it into .jpg file.  But the question is: is it possible to add watermarks over a raw original file?  How can I do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware it’s only possible via exporting a rendered copy, Lightroom does not make alterations to RAW image files.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to proprietary raw file formats such as CR2, NEF etc?

DNG is also considered a raw file format and as far as I am aware all have no watermarked export ability in Lightroom.

Why would you want do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Why would you want do that?"
Here's why I would want to add watermarks to cr2 and dng as well:
I'd like to share my LR classic collection, after it is synced with LR CC online without having to export the files. But I want my watermarks to show on the pictures in the shared album and on potential downloads.

Is there another way of doing it?  Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks
Hagen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer is

NO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines