• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there documentation for URL Scheme of lightroom:// ?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find some sort of documentation for using URL Schemes for lightroom, I know it takes links like <a href="lightroom://foo"></a> and opens it, but I was wondering which actions can you pass?

Thank you.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can pass any parameters you like, lightroom://yourpluginidentifier/string

Here's how to use it: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3276842

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To further jarnoh's response:

'lightroom://'

tells the OS to send url to Lr app (Lr is registered protocol handler).

'yourpluginidentifier'

tells Lr which plugin to send url to.

'string'

no further parsing is done - i.e. you can emulate CGI or roll-yer-own whatever...

in other words, the 'string' is yours to do with as you see fit - neither OS nor Lr will try to help nor interfere...

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your responses, really helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You bet, but note, it is theoretically possible for the url to come wrapped in quotes (dunno where I got this notion, or if/when it ever happens even..). Here's the contents of one of my URL handling files:

return {

URLHandler = function(url)

if url:sub( 1, 1 ) == '"' then -- double-quote wrapped format.

cookmarks:urlHandler( url:sub( 2, -2 ) ) -- strip double-quotes.

else

cookmarks:urlHandler( url )

end

end

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread Jarnoh linked to included a post about the double quote issue. I have seen it happen on occassions so you do need to check for it - at least in LR 3 and LR 4.

I thought the URLHandler was documented in the LR 4 API Guide PDF (need to double check). If not Jeffrey Friedl posted about it some time ago and included enough information to know how to use it.

Matt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thanks for the help. We are trying to open folder containing raw files with Lightroom by the help of our Lightroom Plugin.
We are able to open lightroom using lightroom://, what would be your suggestion in opening the folder inside lightroom. Is their function in the SDK that can help in Importing Photos.

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"We are trying to open folder containing raw files with Lightroom by the help of our Lightroom Plugin.
We are able to open lightroom using lightroom://, what would be your suggestion in opening the folder inside lightroom. Is their function in the SDK that can help in Importing Photos."

The method catalog:addPhoto() will import a photo into the catalog. (See the documentation for LrCatalog).

The method catalog:setActiveSources() can change the currently selected source displayed to the user to the given folder or collection.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines