• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue Importing Lightroom Presets

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! I am in serious need of help. I have my presets exported as XMP files, which has always worked when changing computers (went from a cheap Dell computer to an even cheaper PC now to an old Macbook... photographer on a budget). My presets wont import into my Lightroom. I have the Lightroom Classic CC. I have the proper boxes checked and unchecked as explained in other forums and still nothing. I'm assuming these need to be converted to another file type??? I'd love any help possible! Thanks in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most reliable way to Import presets (both XMP and LRTEMPLATE) is to click on the [+] on the Presets header, and select [Import]. Choose the preset files in the file browser (wherever you have them stored).

(You need to have one image selected and showing in the Develop module!)

Lightroom-Classic needs no help "converting". It happens automatically with the [+] Import method.

I do not know what you mean by- "I have the proper boxes checked and unchecked"

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Lightroom Classic CC

That old term, CC, makes me ask about actual version. Is it v9.4?, if not, what exact version?

Current product is called Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the proper boxes checked and unchecked as explained in other forums 

by that, do you mean as described in the following?

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/missing-default-presets-75/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with RAW photos? Some presets do not work with JPEG. Some will partially.

is the option described in the following enabled?

https://lightroomkillertips.com/in-case-your-presets-go-missing/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming these need to be converted to another file type??

Pre v7.2, presets for Lightroom were .lrtemplate file type, v7.2 to current they are xmp file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
My presets wont import into my Lightroom.

By import, you mean you use the presets import function in LrC, as opposed to copying them to a folder, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines