• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Creating Profile (for LrC) in DNG Profile Editor

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an Astronomik CLS (light pollution) filter on my Canon EOS M6 Mark II camera for astrophotography. The filter casts a huge blue cast that requires considerable correction (>25k Kelvin). I want to create a profile to adjust the cast in LrC. I have tried (unsuccessfully) to use DNG Profile Editor to create a balanced color profile for these projects. I have a DNG image of the 24-patch color checker taken with the CLS filter. Every time I try and position the four colored circles on the color patch, I get the error "Unable to check white balance using gray patches...." Oddly (to me), the sample filtered image does change to the more acceptable 25-patch colorchecker image, but no information is recorded and the profile cannot be saved.

I am using a Mac (10.14.6) and DNG Profile Editor 1.0.0.47). Can someone please help me and get me through this?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should try using the free X-rite software to build the profile and see if the same error comes up. FWIW, these profiles are white balance agnostic, you still have to do this step so don't expect a new profile to magically do anything to the huge blue cast. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines