• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with LR Classic and MacOS Big Sur - Unexpected error opening catalog

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced a problem with LR Classic 10.0 on Mas OS Big and would like your recommandation to move on safely 

1- I first moved to Mas OS Big Sur when available while using LR Classic 9.4, with no issue

2- Then I upgraded LR Classic to 10.0

3- A few days later and some work on my catalog, I could not open my catalog any more and got the message "Unexpected Error opening catalog. The catalog could not be opened due to an unexpected error."  I could see this is a known issue recommanding to install the previous version, what I did.  The problem then was that I had to open the last version of my catalog saved under LRC 9.4, thus lost a lot of work done in the interval  😞

4- A new version of LRC 10.1 is now available, but it is not clear if the problem I faced above is solved or not with this version.  I cannot upgrade my LRC version without making sure this will not happen again

5- in addition to this, I learn that LRC 9.4 is not compatible with MacOS Big Sur.  I got no issue so far but fear to go on trouble at a point.

How to clean this ?

Should I remove all the previous version and elements using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool, then install the version 10.1 ?

Thanks for your recommandations

Benoit Audigé, France

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are number of reports indicating that 10.1 is causing computers to freeze and/or crash. Disabling the GPU is one workaround, but then performance in the Develop module takes a hit. Therefore, if 9.4 is working well for you, then I would recomment you stick with it until the New Year at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this is what I am doing so far.  No risk.
By the way I cannot understand that Adobe is pushing new versions that are not tested properly with the previous and new MacOS, jeopardizing the job of the users.  For the cost we pay, we deserve a better service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently Adobe has a major problem with v10, v10.1 and MACOS, not just Big Sur.

Some have rolled back from v10.1 to v10 with success

Some have had to roll back to v9.4, with loss of access to newer v10 catalog

Some have had no success rolling back at all

Another passable work around involves users that have custom monitor/color profiles, reverting to standard profiles like sRGB helped.

A few with very new rigs with the nicest new GPU have had some success turning off use Graphics processor, yes, annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe claims to have fixed this "Unexpected error while opening catalog" issue in LrC 10.1. But the others are correct that there seem to be many problems with LrC 10.0 or LrC 10.1 on Mac computers; but then not everyone with a Mac has these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines