Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with exporting and Spot Removal tool bug Lightroom Classic 8

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

I'm an editor and have a client who has reported big black blobs on the images after export. Upon opening LR (LR 8 ) using the Smart Previews, nothing looks amiss but when I have linked some of the  images to the RAW files, the images appearance completely changes and these ugly black blobs appear where the Spot Removal tool has been used. 

In Develop mode, the SRT looks totally normal (in one example image, it removed a fire exit sign), but once linked to the RAW, the appearance changes. This can be seen also in Library mode before export. The colours of the image drastically change too - the image becomes much darker and more green. 

For one image, removing the Spot Removal work appeared to fix the image, and its appearance remained unchanged after export, but with another image, it still reverted to the darker, green appearance even without any Spot Removal applied.

I've come across LR preview bugs before, but nothing like this with the Spot Removal tool being at the centre of the problem. Any ideas on how it could be fixed and avoided in future?

Thanks for your help!!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the Adobe Communtiy!

Sorry to hear about the export issues with Lightroom Classic, first thing to try here would be to update Lightroom Classic to version 9.0 which is the most recent version and see if it helps.

You may also try turning off the GPU option from Lightroom's preferences?

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

If that does not help then try changing the screen color profile to sRGB IEC61966-2.1: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deleated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

I have upgraded the catalog to LR 9, and checked the GPU which is already unchecked, but the same issue is happening upon export. How can I get Adobe to investigate this further?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. In the general area of the spot removal, in Develop, zoom in to at least 1:1

Anything odd?

PLEASE USE THE REPLY FROM THE TOP POST WHEN REPLYING TO POSTS.
Helps to show posts in date/time order, improves visibility (as not hidden in a reply to a reply), and is easier to use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. What happens if you do not use smart previews?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 of 3

What happens if you close a Lightroom Classic, delete the smart previews, restart Lightroom Classic (letting the smart previews to be recreated)

Make sure the original photis are available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, looks like I spoke too soon. It disappears in the LR preview, but the black blobs and colour distortion are still there when the images are exported as JPEGs. Any other ideas for cause?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, looks like I spoke too soon. It disappears in the LR preview, but the black blobs and colour distortion are still there when the images are exported as JPEGs. Any other ideas for cause?

Post your problem over at the Adobe Feedback site, Actual Adobe Techs watching that site, additional members watching that site.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?topi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines