Highlighted

Issues with HDR Merge after update to 9.2 (on photos which previously worked)

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks

I was part-way through editing some photos and decided to update Lightroom Classic before making more progress, specifically to pick up any improvements to HDR merging if there were any. After doing this update, I find most HDR merges fail, including re-doing ones that were done successfully in the previous version I had installed (I'm not sure what version this was, but it would have been some 2019 version probably).

If they do succeed now, I usually have to select Low or None for deghosting (selecting higher leads to it unable to merge).

Any advice? The feature is now effectively useless for me.

EDIT: I'm merging bracketed RAW files, for what it's worth.

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issues with HDR Merge after update to 9.2 (on photos which previously worked)

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks

I was part-way through editing some photos and decided to update Lightroom Classic before making more progress, specifically to pick up any improvements to HDR merging if there were any. After doing this update, I find most HDR merges fail, including re-doing ones that were done successfully in the previous version I had installed (I'm not sure what version this was, but it would have been some 2019 version probably).

If they do succeed now, I usually have to select Low or None for deghosting (selecting higher leads to it unable to merge).

Any advice? The feature is now effectively useless for me.

EDIT: I'm merging bracketed RAW files, for what it's worth.

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For others that run into this, I think I may have just solved it (or something else happened).

I suspected Lightroom was now using my C drive for a scratch disk (I have everything else for Lightroom and photos on a different partition) since it kept filling up. I found a setting for a RAW cache (Edit > Preferences > Performance > Camera Raw Cache Settings section). I clicked "Purge Cache" (it offers no confirmation that naything happened), and then changed the location to my photos disk. Everything is now working again.

I thought I got it working, but it was a fluke. This might have something to due with RAM usage. Both my main system RAM (16GiB) and dedicated GPU RAM (8GiB) almost completely fill up once I start using Lightroom now. This leads to the noted issue along with some other bugs the more I try to use it. Did not used to happen before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2020 0