Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with video card after using LR

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Whenever i use LR i am having video card related problems. 

I do timelapses a lot so use LR- Premiere Pro at the same time. While exporting images i stimes play video games. But it is imposible in last 6 months and i couldnt find the reason.

Everthing works fine until i launch LR. Any program-game i launch after LR is lagging extremely.

For example diablo 3,if i open it after LR i get 3-4 fps (i have 1080ti btw). Or if want to finish my timelapse on Premiere it starts lagging and either Premiere Pro or Windows 10 crashes.

At the moment i restart computer to able to use other applications. It is frustrating.

Any ideas ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling the use of the GPU in LR. You do that in the LR Preferences on the Performance tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic uses a lot of resources when actively running, not so much when just sitting their, open. But more when accomplishing Develop Module Edits. Not so much for simple Library Module edits (typically metadata edits by user). A heck of a more use of resources than Photoshop.

Lightroom's use of the GPU when not selecting use Graphics Processor is a bit muddied (other members will step in I assume). When you turn that option on, then the use of the GPU might increase in certain instances.

Now another suspect to include is any sync that is going on, what sort of sync, what sort of edits occur in the sync, Face detection could be very resource nasty. Address Lookup less. Sync to the Cloud? more of an internet bandwidth issue, lots of other syncs.

Plating a nice intensive game with lots of cerri0use  GPU use? Heck Lightroom's use of GPU is a little child in comparison with some if those. Mind you big games use parts of the GPU that Lightroom has no idea of.

Does your problem mostly crop up during game usage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines