• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jpeg mini lost in Lightroom

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Jpeg mini in Lightroom for a few years and just noticed that it was gone. Probably during one of the recent updates. I have checked plug-in manager and I can not even seem to locate it on my mac. I have found some Jpegmini files, but not the plug in itself. I have downloaded the free trial but I really dont want to have to purchase it again. Any thoughts? Thanks

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not famililar with the oroduv=ct, but a few questions

1. Does the application currently exist in the Applications folder.

2. Is your current copy, 32bit or 64 bit?

3. Ais your current OS Catalina?

4. Did it work before katest LrC, but still at that time OS Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all plug-ins actually show up in Plug-in Manager, Did it show up before?

In Preferences/External Editing, does it show up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean you've found the JPEGMini executable files. 

One way you may get it working is to use Export Actions. Right click on the executable and choose Make Alias. 

In Export in Lightroom, go to the bottom of the panel to Post Processing. In the menu, choose Go to Export Actions Folder now. This opens a folder. Copy the alias file here.

Restart Lightroom. 

This alias is now selectable in the menu for use. Now, this depends on the executable accepting drag and drop to run. It may not work.... 

JPEG mini's help file on this is here: https://help.jpegmini.com/help/how-to-activate-lightroom-plugin-on-a-mac

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, you can just choose the application directly without this.. I'm so old school sometimes... 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines