• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPEGS are not full resolution

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I export in TIFF or PNG, the images go out at the resolution of the raw file.    If I select JPEG (even without clicking on the resize field), they are put out a substantially reduced size.   No, I am not using the SmartPreviews (in fact I do not have them created in my catalog).   Obviously it knows the right image size as the other formats work fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you viewing the images? Some image viewers will respect the ppi tag and others won't. png files don't have the ppi tag I believe so this could result in the image looking different size when opened. If the resize is unchecked, Lightroom should export the image at full resolution always except if the original is offline. With jpeg also make sure you set the quality to a reasonable number. The default at 60% will result in jpeg artefacts that can look like pixelation. Typically you should be at 80% or higher to not see those. Here is a great page that shows the effect of the quality slider: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/jpeg-quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the info on the Mac Finder, but I know they're small because I uploaded them to a photo site and they were kicked back as being too small;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what size are they? And what size are the Raws?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The raw is 4160x6240, the jpeg comes out 1024x1536.    One thing I note, this seems to only happen on images I develop as B&W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely you have a crop to the image in Lightroom or if you are doing an export from the raw file you have selected the resize function.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but no.     I have neither cropped nor selected the resize option and the only difference from the ones that come out the right size or not is whether I've selected JPEG rather than PNG or TIFF.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

QUOTE:

Sorry, but no.     I have neither cropped nor selected the resize option and the only difference from the ones that come out the right size or not is whether I've selected JPEG rather than PNG or TIFF.    

END QUOTE:

You are mistaken. You Must have a setting set that is resizing the image when exporting.

Otherwise the exported image would have the same pixel dimension as the original file.

Please post a screen shot of the Full Export dialog window. Like this. And this is exporting at a Quality setting of 70.

2020-04-26 20_59_57-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png2020-04-26 21_09_15-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

You have some export preset selected that is reducing the size of the image. LR does not do this on it's own. It is a USER choice, option, set someplace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you make a screenshot of your export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines