• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

jpegs display in Bridge but not LR6.14

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought an Olympus OMD E-M5 Mk III last year and Lightroom has never recognised its RAW (ORF) files. This is not a problem, because LR 6.14 hasn't my main photo organizer for a while. The reason being that Adobe abandoned support for it years ago in favour of their money grabbing CC products. No other industry would get away with selling you an expensive product then sticking two fingers up when you tell them it's broken. (I have issues going back through several versions of LR, which have been ignored).

The only reason that LR is still taking up space on my PC is to allow me to adjust exposure, which doesn't happen very often.

Of course I can't adjust an image when LR won't import it. Recently it has stopped importing JPEGS generated by the E-M5 as well as the raw images.

I suspected this was caused by Olympus altering the structure of ORF files, although none of my other software has any problem with them. I hoped that installing Bridge (11.0.1.109) would update Camera RAW and solve the problem, but it didn't.

My latest Photo directory shows previes for 31 JPEGS in LR6.14, 115 plus all of the RAW images in Bridge.

How can I fix this so that LR also shows all images?

Thanks in advance  

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use the free Adobe DNG converter to convert copies of your ORF files to DNG, that can be imported in LR 6.14.  See https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

Read the instructions carefully.

It is possible to update the Camera Raw plugin for Bridge (and Photoshop), but Lightroom doesn't use this plugin, since Camera raw is hard coded into the program. 

What happens when you try to import jpgs? 

Any version of Lightroom should be able to import jpgs from any camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines