Highlighted

JPG/Raw displayed separately on recent import

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a recent import of images from my Fuji XT-4, I see that all my images are displayed as both JPG and Raw (separately). I didn't change any settings (the check box in preferences is unchecked) and previous imports did not have this issue for the last 6 years in any version of LR. 

What's up with this?

Oh, and using the most recent version of LR Classic.

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

JPG/Raw displayed separately on recent import

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a recent import of images from my Fuji XT-4, I see that all my images are displayed as both JPG and Raw (separately). I didn't change any settings (the check box in preferences is unchecked) and previous imports did not have this issue for the last 6 years in any version of LR. 

What's up with this?

Oh, and using the most recent version of LR Classic.

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been several posts about this recently. It seems to be caused by (Maybe a Bug In LrC) leaving older images on a card and then taking new ones and then doing an import. LrC sees the older JPGs as New files and imports them not knowing they have already been imported and possibly importing the newer JPGs at the same time.

First thing to do is ALWAYS FORMAT the card in the camera once you have done an import and before you start taking other shots.

Try that as a Test and see if the JPGs show up as separate files. I bet they don't.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0