Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep Import folder structure for next import open

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'd like to import mostly of the same folder on my mac.

Everytime I open the import task I have to reopen all the directories/ folders again.

I'd like that the folders stay as shown in the second image.

I know, its only 4-5 clicks to always reopen again. But its annoying. 

How can I change, that the structure stays open for the next import?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-11 um 16.06.21.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-11 um 16.07.04.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

This is a bug in Lightroom for Mac. Adobe is aware of it, so this should be fixed in an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the top of this panel, click on Quelle auswählen. This will open a list of most recent folder source (with the most recant on top)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not, what I was looking for. I'd like only that the folder structure stays open. 

If I choose the recent folder, its always a specific folder. I'd like only to see the structure I opened in the last import to choose the next folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternative to Lauca is to drag the folder that has the images you want to import into the Grid view (while in Library mode). You will see a Plus "+" as you drag over the Grid view. When you release the mouse you will be taken to the Import mode and then at that point you just need to verify where the images will be placed, click on the Import button, and you are done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually not a bad solution. But i'd like to choose usually one folder after the other in the structure I'm using. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug in Lightroom for Mac. Adobe is aware of it, so this should be fixed in an update.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan, is there a bug report that I can add my support?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a bug, not a feature request. There is no need to support a bug that has already been confirmed.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines