Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep LR Presets in sync

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

whats the current best practice to keep my LR presets of LRC in sync. I can create a symbolic link with a dropbox folder and use this to keep the "User Presets" synced. But what about purchased presets that are imported and show up but cant be seen anywhere in the Finder / Library?

It seems that LR handles these differnet than the custom ones that I imported years ago. 

I cannot put these in groups… I'm confused.

I thought that the CC would keep them in sync but that does not seem to be the case. Help please 😉 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but cant be seen anywhere in the Finder / Library?

How  are you looking for them? Is that Finder or Library, or Finder in Library (non existent)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please see below misery for the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that the file location for Develop Presets has been changed in LrC v10.3.

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2021-3.html#other-enhancements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh

I cannot put these in groups… I'm confused.

Adobe took away grouping several versions back. And with v10.3 the listing of develop presets is flatter (file structure look/feel) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-17 um 00.15.57.jpg

arrrrrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Folder structure here: 

• macOS - /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

The predefined adobe presets are found here as it seems. But when I add a folder there and put in some presets - these do not show up in LR. 

On the other hand, presets that I imported into Lightroom (through the import preset dialogue) do not show up there NOR in the custom folder below. (yellow)

User Presets can be stored here: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

But again - if I add folders there, these are not reflected in LR. Its just one folder called User Presets

In previous versions, I could simply set up a folder structure with e.g.

Wedding (main) | FOLDER

-preset 1

-preset 2

Wedding (b&w) | FOLDER

-preset 1

-preset 2

And sync this folder via dropbox… that's what I am looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

superb, now it wont display my photos…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more time with liks to the images…

The Folder structure here: 

• macOS - /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

https://philipp.d.pr/fZDwNr/V9os6rOUlY 

The predefined adobe presets are found here as it seems. But when I add a folder there and put in some presets - these do not show up in LR. 

https://philipp.d.pr/dP8W2A/1vd74t96zd 

On the other hand, presets that I imported into Lightroom (through the import preset dialogue) do not show up there NOR in the custom folder below. (yellow)

https://philipp.d.pr/rKZziA/eumYn18yJ9 

User Presets can be stored here: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

But again - if I add folders there, these are not reflected in LR. Its just one folder called User Presets

https://philipp.d.pr/4GDcGD/rGOYhpiqam 

In previous versions, I could simply set up a folder structure with e.g.

Wedding (main) | FOLDER

-preset 1

-preset 2

Wedding (b&w) | FOLDER

-preset 1

-preset 2

And sync this folder via dropbox… that's what I am looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forget everything you knew about placing Presets in Folders using Finder!!

"Creating a folder in the Finder won't create a group in Lightroom."

See the posts from Johan_Elzenga and John_R_Ellis for some explanations at-

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-presets-are-a-night...

Read the Chapter 'Organising the Lightroom Presets Folder in v7.3 or Later' here-

ORGANIZING DEVELOP PRESETS - Lenscraft

And this Youtube video is very helpful-

PROFILES & PRESETS EXPLAINED- Jared Platt

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines