• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

key commands not working properly

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what's goin on but it's making editing MUCH slower for me. Some of them work fine – like Q, R, Z, T, I, Cmd + C, Cmd V – but then others don't work. Like using [ and ] to change brush sizes and Shift + [ and Shift +] don't work. Using = to bump the exposure up doesn't work but using - to bump it down does. I've tried the method of reseting setting where you hold Option + Shift while booting Lightroom, closing, then booting again but it's still the same.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your Lightroom Classic preferences. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

If that's not it, then please provide detailed information, such as

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you even read my post or did you just paste and reply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I amn using Windows those keybard shortcuts work fine on my system. But not for what you suggest they work on. = raises the contrast -  to lower contrast Not Exposure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the , and . keys it should cycle through all the sliders and let you control different ones with the - and = keys. If you hit the , once then it should change it from adjusting the contrast to adjusting the exposure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also suggest you Check Your Attitude at the door to this forum.

We are just Users like you and we are trying to Help you.

Giving what was asked for above just might help us help you solve your problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No attitude here man. Just confused as the response was for me to reset preferences when I literally said I did that already and got to be what feels like a canned response. None of which was actually helpful to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  beyond that, I've had this issue with multiple versions of Lightroom classic and multiple versions of Mac OS.

Currently I'm on LrC 10.0. MacOS 10.15.7 on a MacBook Pro. 2.9ghz intel core i9 six core proccesor. 32gb ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reseeting the preferences fixes a lot of problem. You said you reset settings way down in your post.

Yes most of the first reply was a Canned Reply. Just like these replies that I use.

1) Please Consider including the following in your question:
Adobe product and version number
Operating system and version number
The full text of any error message (s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screen shots of the problem
Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc

2) This forum system is not a direct link to Adobe support.
We are just users like you and can't help with account questions.
You need to contact Adobe directly through the Chat system at the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Select the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session.
Type in AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI System.

Best of Luck

We do that so we don't have to type all that out over and over.

We are just users like you and need to know what was asked for in that first reply to help you better.

I know you are frustrated but instead of saying "Did you even read my post" you could of included the information asked for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I really was just tryin to figure out what was goin on man. Ha. It's nothing personal, I'm just frustrated with Lightroom, not anyone here. I sell stuff online and get people asking questions about stuff that are listed in the description all the time so it's easier to just ask if they've read the decription first. Also I was responding from my phone and wasn't in front of my computer so I couldn't provide that info in the moment.

All this being said, I'm still looking to figure out how to fix the aforementioned issue so if anyone has any more insight that would be great. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines