Highlighted

keyboard navigation and delete/remove actions

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a PC in Windows 10.

LR Classic

When going through my images in Develop, I can sometimes just use the Del key to delete/remove an image and auto advances to the next. And I can repeat that action. But sometimes the action will not happen when I press the key. I need to click on the image with my mouse to be able to delete it.

I also have an intermittent problem with my navigation arrows. Sometimes they work and I can advance to the next image with them. And then other times I cannot, and need to use my mouse to click on the image.

I have tried the NumLock key, and the CapLock key, but neither seem to have an effect. I have the Auto Advance feature engaged.

Any ideas?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

keyboard navigation and delete/remove actions

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a PC in Windows 10.

LR Classic

When going through my images in Develop, I can sometimes just use the Del key to delete/remove an image and auto advances to the next. And I can repeat that action. But sometimes the action will not happen when I press the key. I need to click on the image with my mouse to be able to delete it.

I also have an intermittent problem with my navigation arrows. Sometimes they work and I can advance to the next image with them. And then other times I cannot, and need to use my mouse to click on the image.

I have tried the NumLock key, and the CapLock key, but neither seem to have an effect. I have the Auto Advance feature engaged.

Any ideas?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is because you are in the Develop Module and some other part of the screen, Sliders, Whatever, has the Focus.

Use the Library module to Cull your images before you go into the Develop module. That is why the Library module is there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Conrad_C LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22tanguera wrote:

If you mean pressing the left arrow or right arrow keys, that’s often another example of another part of the software having focus priority. If options were being edited, a slider or field may have keyboard focus so the arrow keys are operating inside that specific control, for example letting you move a slider handle, or letting you move left and right in a number or caption.

When that happens, Lightroom Classic provides an alternate keyboard navigation option for changing images. Add the Ctrl key (Windows) or Command key (Mac) so that you instead press Ctrl-Left Arrow or Ctrl-Right Arrow to move among images, in any module.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines