Highlighted

Keyword do's and don'ts?

New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have what I think, for me at least, is a decent keywording scheme that I have been applying to all my photos. The work I've put into it makes me paranoid about losing my keywords. 

Are there any do's and don'ts for keywording that will protect them from being wiped or or go missing?

I ask, because over the years I've lost all my photo stacks a couple of times, without knowing what it is I did that caused this. The photos are still there, just unstacked and not marked for stacking. To restack is a painful process.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keyword do's and don'ts?

New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have what I think, for me at least, is a decent keywording scheme that I have been applying to all my photos. The work I've put into it makes me paranoid about losing my keywords. 

Are there any do's and don'ts for keywording that will protect them from being wiped or or go missing?

I ask, because over the years I've lost all my photo stacks a couple of times, without knowing what it is I did that caused this. The photos are still there, just unstacked and not marked for stacking. To restack is a painful process.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 01, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Are there any do's and don'ts for keywording that will protect them from being wiped or or go missing?"

I have never even heard of this happening.

"I ask, because over the years I've lost all my photo stacks a couple of times, without knowing what it is I did that caused this. The photos are still there, just unstacked and not marked for stacking. To restack is a painful process."

Is this a Lightroom Classic question? How is stacking related to keywords?

In Lightroom Classic, and I suspect every other photographic software, you can un-do any action either intentionally or accidentally. The protection against accidentally un-doing something important is to make regular and automated backups of your work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you used the "Unstack" command instead of the "Expand Stack" command at one time with all your photos selected

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0