• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyword Hierarchy Help

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a simple keyword hierachy to check how LR applies keywords iMac, LRC V9.3

Recipes

- Lasagna

I did this by adding a keyword Recipe and another lasagna in keyword list. I then dragged Lasagna on top of Recipes to create the simple hierachy. I then added lasagna to an image using the tick box on LHS of lasagna. I asmume this would add the root keyword to the image as well.

I look at keywords for image and all it says is Lasagna but if I select "Keyword and containing keywords" both appear. If I filter for either of the keywords the image also appears

So it sort of worked however If I look at just kewords for the image it just shows Lasagna and also there is no number 1 next to Recipes. Why is this so. Surely this cant be correct???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is correct. That number only shows keywords that are directly assigned to the image. You only assigned Lassagna to the image, not Recipes, even though you can search for Recipes and then you will find the image (because Lightroom understands that an image with Lassagna assigned to it must be a Recipe image). You can assign Recipe too if you want, and then the number will show.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should the word Recipe be visible when I select the image and look at the keywords attached to that image. Surely this should happen??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, as I tried to explain already, it should not. You did not assign that keyword to the image. You only assigned a sub-keyword and that is not the same.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recipe appears if you select Keyword and Containing Keywords from the dropdown menu.

More importantly, if you search for Recipes, you get all photos including lasagna and anything else under recipes, such as keyword blueberry pie. If you search for lasagna, you only get photos with keyword lasagna, and not blueberry pie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Johan and dj for the reply. I think I now have an understanding of how it works. Guess I need to keyword some images now. One way to spend some time in lockdown!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines