• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyword list - Help. Can the list become corrupt. Can't get rid of unwanted "<" symbols

Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow the keyword "Christmas" is now listed as "Christmas < Tank" on my images keywording list. The two are not associated within Lightroom interface (righ-side panel) hierarchically. Neither Tag independently has any sub tags or synonyms. Editing either tag shows no more information that the two are associated. Using Metadata Library filter (top panel), in flat view it shows as "Christmas < Tank" but in hierarchically view the two are separated. I have tried deleting the extraneous information in the image keyword list for an image and it reverts back as soon as I click to the next image. I cannot find a master list other than the right-side panel for editing. It seems corrupted. I am at a loss of what else to do or "google".

Edit: Attached images, also would point out that when looking at images with the Christmas keyword which displays as "Christmas < Tank" the keyword list does not show any check marks next to Tank as if it were associated.

I apprecaite any advice or information, The Adobe forums have been a constant source over the years for needed help, thanks to all that keep it alive!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Just wanted to help any others that run across a similar issue. I do believe the problem was in having multiple Keywords of the same thing. I found that I had a few keywords doubled, one set was hiding in a sub list (i.e. Holidays) and LR needed to keep them separate. Still not sure why it through it under a museum tag list I had but needless to say I cleaned up my keyword list and all is well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us appropriate screen captures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response, took a second to throw a capture together and removes personal names. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, I won't download files from here. Please include the screen captures in the body of your message by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the help, apparently my post was marked Spam. I have since deleted the keywords, looking through 30k images is the kind of pain I like to put myself through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wanted to help any others that run across a similar issue. I do believe the problem was in having multiple Keywords of the same thing. I found that I had a few keywords doubled, one set was hiding in a sub list (i.e. Holidays) and LR needed to keep them separate. Still not sure why it through it under a museum tag list I had but needless to say I cleaned up my keyword list and all is well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines