Highlighted

Keyword List per Catalog

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.  I can't understand why, when changing catalogs, my keyword list is including the keywords from another catalog; and not even organized the same.  I used to be able to have seperate keyword lists per catalog.  Am i doing something wrong?

Topics

How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keyword List per Catalog

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.  I can't understand why, when changing catalogs, my keyword list is including the keywords from another catalog; and not even organized the same.  I used to be able to have seperate keyword lists per catalog.  Am i doing something wrong?

Topics

How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening a 'Backup' catalog? Or a copy of?

Importing photos that have keywords (embedded or XMP)?

Otherwise- yes, lists are "per catalog"

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you import photos into this catalog that were exported from the other catalog? When you export photos, the keywords are written to the metadata without an hierarchy. If you then import these photos in another catalog, the keywords will be read and added to the keyword list, but without the hierarchy of the other catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines